Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Hey Girl..Wanna Cuddle Up and Read Light Skinned Mother's Blog with Me?


Surprisingly, there are still some people out there who don’t know about the “Hey Girl” memes.

meme:  an idea, behavior or style that spreads from person to person within a culture. 
Thank you Wikipedia.






If you don’t know, the “Hey girl” memes were created in 2008by Douglas Reinhardt on his Tumblr F#$@ Yeah! Ryan Gosling.


When asked, Why Ryan Gosling and why “Hey Girl”? in an interview on Knowyourmeme, Reinhardt answered:

Ryan Gosling is actually one of my favorite actors and seemed to be an actor that girls were generally attracted to. When the site first started, Xzibit Yo Dawg image macros were very popular on Tumblr. “Hey Girl,” seemed like a romantic, flirty version of “Yo Dawg.” The phrase itself was probably inspired by 90s R&B songs, cold medicine, and my inability to flirt.

The fact that Reinhardt was inspired by 90s R&B songs when coming up with the phrase, Hey girl, could quite possibly, make me  a little sweet on him, too.


I liked the “hey Girl” memes as soon as I saw them. If you are human, attracted to men, and have blood running through your veins, how could you NOT?  These are my recent favorites: 



I adore Ryan Gosling, buying fabric, and babies.  In these 3 photos he is the total package- my DREAM man.  Mr. LSM is still the best, though using these phrases with me wouldn’t hurt any.

 So why not have our “dream boyfriend” tell us that he wants us to take care of our skin and health?  I mean what woman wouldn't pass around these picture for the eye candy alone? If it gets the message out there, even better. 

Here is the first one I made:



I've been having fun creating these and trying to come up with tips while adding a little "naughtiness" to them.  I have to make them memorable, right? I've been posting them on my Light Skinned Mother Facebook page and on Twitter each day this week. Maybe I will take them into next week, who knows? There are LOTS of things to share about protecting yourself from skin cancer and there are LOTS of Ryan Gosling pics to be found.

I do hope they get around. So I encourage you to like my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter and SHARE SHARE SHARE!

As you can see, I am not above using gimmicks or sexy men and women to spread the word and awareness about melanoma. I wish I had this hunk of a man telling me to put on sunscreen when I was a teen. 

Who knows? Maybe one day we will hear Ryan reading some of my memes like he did here.


A girl can dream, right? After all..isn't that what the Hey Girl memes are all about?

As always, thank you for reading! Until next time, practice safe sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment